The Department of Work and Pensions, UK has an entire /8

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 05:07:33 UTC 2012

On 9/18/12, Mike Hale <eyeronic.design at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can accept the legal argument (and I'm assuming that, in the
> original contracts for IP space, there wasn't a clause that allowed
> Internic or its successor to reclaim space).

Assume you have a public IPv4 assignment,   and someone else
starts routing your assignment...  "legitimately" or not, RIR allocation
transferred to them, or not.

There might be a record created in a database, and/or internet routing
tables regarding someone else using the same range for a connected network.

But your unconnected network, is unaffected.

You are going to have a hard time getting a court to take your case,
if the loss/damages to your operation are $0,  because your network is
unconnected, and its operation is not impaired by someone else's use,
and the address ranges' appearance in the global tables.

--
-JH