Big Temporary Networks

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Sep 14 13:51:48 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> said:
> Well, we'll be on the *sending* end of the Hugo's, but... ;-)

You might want to talk to whoever did this year's WorldCon networking.
I'm a Dragon*Con volunteer, and I know there was a some type of direct
connection between Chicago (WorldCon) and Atlanta (Dragon*Con) so that
we could show things like the Hugo ceremony (and I think we fed some
video the other way as well, like the D*C Parade).

I don't know how they did the "regular" Internet stream (except that it
went through Ustream, who shut down the Hugo feed because of a DMCA
complaint).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>