Big Temporary Networks

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Sep 14 11:11:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Tore Anderson wrote:

> It's actually a /13 (151.216.0.0/13).

It used to be in another place (I don't remember exactly, this was 5-8
years ago). Nice that they have a /13 nowadays anyway, I'd imagine there
are more temporary events nowadays.

I've used it a couple of times and then a week was sufficient (start
rigging on monday, everything done by thursday morning where 5000 people
show up with their computers (this was mainly 10/100 ports, people brought
their own cables), teardown and turning off the network, and then
returning the space to RIPE on monday.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se