anyone from spamhaus hanging around?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Sep 14 02:20:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Brad Barnett wrote:

>> We've been running a clean operation for years, but recently, one of our
>> clients spammed then entire universe (using external mail servers, but
>> linking to some internal URLs).
>>
>> We've since terminated them, and such things are against our terms of
>> use.  However, we seem to have massive issues getting any response from
>> Spamhaus.  We're worried that perhaps we're just blackholed, or someone
>> is on vacation, or something to that effect.
>>
>> Right now, we're essentially crippled -- and at the same time, we
>> resolved the direct complaint a week ago.

I'm fairly sure there are some Spamhaus people on the list, but nanog is
not sbl-removals at spamhaus.org.  If you're having problems with SBL
listings, you need to contact Spamhaus via the link provided on the
page(s) for your listing(s), preserving the subject so that your message
gets routed appropriately.

IME, if you're having trouble getting SBLs removed, you either haven't
contacted Spamhaus properly or haven't convinced them that you've dealt
appropriately with the issue.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |