Big Temporary Networks

Sean Lazar knife at toaster.net
Thu Sep 13 17:36:49 UTC 2012

WLAN in large conferences certainly is a challenge. You basically want
to get as many people on 5GHz as possible due to more available
channels. 2.4GHz becomes quite noisy. Also, configuring your access
points for high density helps. This means disabling the lowest data
rates. You also don't want to run full Tx power. Basically this will
ensure high data rates and quicker handoff to a nearer AP when roaming.
You don't want a client that is far away from an AP connecting to it at
a 1 Megabit data rate tying up the radio. This also is key in high
density seating open floorplan office situations.

Sean Lazar