Big Temporary Networks

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Sep 13 16:42:01 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-13 18:32 , Tim Franklin wrote:
>> You'll need a beefy NAT box.  Linux with Xeon CPU and 4GB RAM
>> minimum.
>
> Or not.  The CCC presentation is showing *real* Internet for
> everyone, unless I'm very much mistaken...

No NAT was involved there indeed. Typically conferences can get a
temporary prefix from their local RIR for conference-alike setups.

Of course that does require one to arrange uplinks who will announce
that prefix, a friendly LIR etc etc etc. Thus this all boils down on how
large your setup will be and how good your want your network to perform.

Greets,
 Jeroen