Big Temporary Networks

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:20:43 UTC 2012

On Sep 13, 2012, at 7:37 AM, Jeroen Massar <jeroen at unfix.org> wrote:

> On 2012-09-13 16:29 , Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [..]
>> If not, do any of the people who've already done have 5 minutes to chime in
>> on what they did and what they learned?
>
> You might want to go through the network presentations given for IETF,
> NANOG/ARIN and last but definitely not least: CCC congress + camps.
>
> eg:
> http://events.ccc.de/camp/2007/Fahrplan/events/2043.en.html
>
> Typically though it requires people who have done it before with proper
> equipment to get a network up and running properly ;)
>
> Greets,
> Jeroen

I know someone who did Interop's networking for a number of years and does it for various non-Worldcon conventions.  His short summary was to stage and label and debug and test extensively beforehand, even if the reassembly might introduce more bugs in the field.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone