Heads-Up: GoDaddy Broke the Interwebs...

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Sep 12 20:13:15 UTC 2012

I just wanted to make one quick point.

Cloudflare is not a competitor of GoDaddy in any sense except that they are "involved in DNS" and they both have a web site.

CloudFlare has also been known to "give up" and dump small to medium sized PPS attacks onto the end target without notification and there doesn't seem to be any threshold or policy in place for when they do that.

Thanks,
-Drew