Heads-Up: GoDaddy Broke the Interwebs...

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:53:59 UTC 2012

> No large flows reported to the affected NSes, tweets were suspicious at best, other anon-ops denied the attack was them, and GoDaddy admitted internal error.
>
> I'm going to take GoDaddy at their word, and give them major kudos for owning up to the mistake - in public.

That doesn't mean that their description of the internal error fits
what happened. Not to say that there were an attack, just that there
can be more internal failures, including processes, to be accounted
for. Whether they will publish a root-cause analysis/swiss chesse
model/<insert your preferred methodology> or not is up to them, but to
tech-savvy stakeholders I think they are still in debt.

Rubens