"Circuit of the americas" aka COTA

Peter Losher plosher at isc.org
Sat Sep 8 22:54:10 UTC 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Chris McDonald <copraphage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trendy name for the new racetrack/event venue outside austin.
>
> Does anyone know how one might get connectivity there? I figure there
> must be a few folks here prepping the place for the upcoming formula
> 1.
>
> The place seems to be a black hole to all the usual suspects.

Since AS6453 is the official connectivity/technology sponsor for FOM, I suspect they will be leasing some dark fiber to COTA for the F1 race.  Some of the F1 teams have their own telecom sponsors (Vodafone McLaren, etc) which will be doing the same.  Don't know who would be pulling the actual fiber though...

BTW - I will be there for the race as well (went to all the USGP races at IMS) - perhaps a NANOG meetup may be in order?

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ plosher at isc.org | Senior Operations Architect | ISC | PGP E8048D08 ]