The End-To-End Internet (was Re: Blocking MX query)

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Fri Sep 7 06:23:30 UTC 2012

Oliver wrote:

>> All that necessary is local changes on end systems of those who
>> want the end to end transparency.
>>
>> There is no changes on the Internet.
>
> You're basically redefining the term "end-to-end transparency" to suit your own

Already in RFC3102, which restrict port number ranges, it is
stated that:

   This document examines the general framework of Realm Specific IP
   (RSIP).  RSIP is intended as a alternative to NAT in which the end-
   to-end integrity of packets is maintained.  We focus on
   implementation issues, deployment scenarios, and interaction with
   other layer-three protocols.

It's you who tries to change the meaning of "end to end transparency".

							Masataka Ohta