RPKI Pilot Participant Notice

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:24:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Richard Barnes <richard.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Randy meant to imply that requiring anyone that wants to
> actually use the RPKI to make a legal agreement with ARIN might not be

define 'use'...

  o 'stick their objects into the repo' sure a contract sounds good
  o 'access the repo to download content' - no, that doesn't sound
like it needs a contract

is this a messaging problem/issue or did ARIN mean that 'to download
content you must sign an agreement/contract with ARIN?' (I hope that
the answer is: "of course not! that sounds silly... our messaging
could be improved")

a closer (by me) reading of:
" In order to access the
production RPKI TAL, you will first have to agree to ARIN's Relying
Party Agreement before the TAL will be emailed to you. To request the
TAL after the production release, follow this link:
http://www.arin.net/public/rpki/tal/index.xhtml"

though kinda leads me into the hole randy/richard fell into... 'to
poke the TAL and figure out where things are, you have to sign an
agreement'.

Isn't the structure of the global system something like:
  "each asn has a publication point, potentially some share
publication-points, everyone has to access everyone else's publication
point"

and 'TAL' ... seems like odd to me as an RP, don't I want the one TA
from IANA (yes, eventually) or at the very least the 1 from each RIR ?
(which is a simple single item to download and use in validating the
content I get from all the rest of the world?)

-chris