Color vision for network techs

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Sep 2 13:00:26 UTC 2012

For pulling cable, the colors are fixed inside the jacket. I have found
differences in cable manufacturers and prefer Mohawk brand cable because
the colors are easier for me to see. White is white instead of clear.
Blue, green, orange and brown are noticeably different. So, my take is
stick to manufacturers that do a good job. If my tired old eyes can tell
the difference, the employees that work with me probably won't have a
problem.

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks