Network scan tool/appliance horror stories

Bacon Zombie baconzombie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 19:40:50 UTC 2012

It all depends on what tools they are using and how you have your system
setup.

Both NMAP and Nessus can check system\service to see if common accounts
have default or non password at all.
This can cause these accounts to be locked out.

There are other "exploits" that can cause systems\services to be DOS'd but
these normally have to be enabled.

Best to get a statement of works from them which should list all the tools
including options they will be using.

They also should be able to hand over a raw dump of ALL commands run during
the testing.

--

BaconZombie

LOAD "*",8,1