the little ssh that (sometimes) couldn't

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 29 18:54:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> corruption!
>
> http://mina.naguib.ca/blog/2012/10/22/the-little-ssh-that-sometimes-couldnt.html

Bush league.  I debugged a similar issue on Sprint's network about 15
years ago, also nailing it down to which router/router hop had the problem
(a misconfigured interface that couldn't pass certain bit patterns and was
causing a particular file we were hosting for a customer to be
non-downloadable by any client who's packets used the bad path), also
using ping, but with a pattern much more interesting than large packets of
nulls...and I had to figure out the problematic pattern before I could do
the ping tests.

But if you want really bizzare, this one never got solved to my
satisfaction.
http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2008-August/002788.html

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |