Google PTR?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:28:27 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Anurag Bhatia <me at anuragbhatia.com> wrote:
> Hi Blair
>

> I guess that's pretty much because they don't really wish to put any info
> related to routers in public including location & circuit bandwidth which is
> often given major networks in PTR.

more over, what help is it? I'm of two minds really about this:
 1) it's handy to say: the router in elbonia is being 'bad'
 2) it's just as simple to say: 'your router with interface ip 1.2.3.4
is being bad'
     (or: "everything through 1.2.3.4 is forked... plstofixkthxbi!")

It's often cited as a headache to maintain the PTRs (not really,
automation ftw!) I think really it gets down to "how does it really
help?"

> Btw I guess you must be troubleshooting some routing issue. My experience
> has been decent with them in past. They are usually responsive on the email
> addresses mentioned in peering db for AS15169.

also folk watch this list (and others)...though certainly the proper
contact method is that which is in peeringdb.