www.ipv6.facebook.com not loading

Will Lawton nanog at null-routed.net
Thu Oct 25 14:36:43 UTC 2012

www.v6.facebook.com was the official pre-www AAAA record host. I recall a www.ipv6.facebook being added as a redirect because there seemed to be confusion around which one it was.

Regardless, to answer the original question, yes www.v6.facebook.com has been official deprecated for almost 2 years now as it was only meant as a test platform for the inevitable www.facebook.com AAAA.

If you can not get to www.facebook on v6, please work with your ISP to find out why. When I left there, it was still a whitelisting design for known good networks, but I believe that was done away with after this years ipv6 day.

-Will Lawton