hotmail.com live.com admin needed

Alex Brooks askoorb+nanog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:44:30 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Carlos M. Perez <cperez at runcentral.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're trying to resolve some delivery issues reported by hotmail users.
> Started happening a few weeks ago.
<SNIP>
> ===
> Reporting-MTA: dns;snt0-omc3-s27.snt0.hotmail.com
> Received-From-MTA: dns;SNT133-W53
> Arrival-Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:09:49 -0700
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;administrator at xxxx.com
> Action: failed
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 authentication required
> ===

Just to be sure, have you checked the error code you are receiving
against the list at
https://blu002.mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#Codes and, if
you are following the policy on that page and have a correctly
configured server, filled in the postmaster contact form at
https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&ct=eformts ?

As the site says "If automation can determine [the IP range] to be
eligible, the IPs may be mitigated. If not, the response will provide
information about the status of the IPs and a link to report this to
our Deliverability Support Staff who can than further investigate your
issue. This team is available 24 x 7."

Alex