Please, talk me down.

Nicolai nicolai-nanog at chocolatine.org
Wed Oct 17 20:44:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 03:35:11AM +0000, Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten wrote:

> First off, I'm using djbdns internally and it doesn't support AAAA
> records. So we really aren't using it internally.

I assume you mean stock djbdns doesn't support ip6, because it does
indeed support AAAA records.  I use both dnscache and tinydns from
djbdns and AAAA records work fine for me.  Note: I'm not using Felix von
Leitner's ip6 patch.

$ dig aaaa chocolatine.org +short
2610:130:103:e00:201:2ff:fe45:8308

Resolver is dnscache, authoritate server is tinydns.  No problem.

I think the problem you're experiencing, if there is one, is not related
to either djbdns or ip6.

Nicolai