Another LTE network turns up as IPv4-only

Bryan Tong contact at nullivex.com
Thu Oct 11 08:55:11 UTC 2012

> Why do you believe that address changes in handover? It's an integral part
> of 3GPP standard that your existing bearer is used for handover, so your
> address shouldn't change. If it changes then it means the handover didn't
> work as designed, probably due to some radio related problem. If the address
> changed, then it means the bearer was torn down and a new bearer was
> initiated. This is definitely not expected behaviour. We have plenty of
> customers with bearers that are up for tens of days in a row.

For that to be true wouldnt support for IPv6 need to be in all
generations of networks. With that standard in place there can not be
new protocols without retrofitting. For a user to switch from 6 to 4
would require and address change however that address change would be
reliant on DNS which would be out of the scope of network grade
support.