Wired access to SMS?

steve pirk [egrep] steve at pirk.com
Tue Oct 9 22:45:17 UTC 2012

I will need to look into the Google Apps for business part of the voice
product. I have not really tried apps accounts yet.

As far as APIs go, it looks like most are "unofficial", but there is
community support.
Check googlevoice.org  and also code.google. com/p/pygooglevoice for
examples of what can be accomplished today.

The Canada part is a showstopper, but it should be fairly easy to use a for
exit node in the US to allow you to sign up for a US number. I do know that
US users can still call all of Canada for free through the end of this
year.

My gut feel is that the telcos are what is keeping Google from releasing
the product to a broader audience, e.g. more countries than the US.