Wired access to SMS?

steve pirk [egrep] steve at pirk.com
Tue Oct 9 21:05:38 UTC 2012

Have you looked at Google Voice much? I have mine set up to SMS all my
devices, including email delivery, and can enable/disable devices as
needed. The big benefit, is that I have an inbox full of all my old inbound
and outbound text messages.

It might be that I am missing a key element, but it looks like you want a
virtual (VoIP) SMS number, and be able to decide which devices in the US
receive the messages.