Typical additional latency for CGN?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:56:37 UTC 2012

Ancedotally, for users of an e-gadget company's website, cellphone
company's outbound web proxies, internet games company, and
image-intensive home furnishings website, the CGNs delivered content
faster than the main website could, regardless of increasing its
bandwidth.  Latency problems with the CGNs were less than the main
websites' latency problems, on the average.

There were days that was not true, and days we had to re-re-re-reset
the CGN contents, and the day the @#$#@$% game programmers screwed up
the CGN calls, but on the whole it was among the least performance
limiting / impeding features of the sites in question.

-george

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com