So what's the deal with 10Gbase-T

Jima nanog at jima.tk
Mon Oct 1 20:32:56 UTC 2012

 Gotcha.  With SFP+ I think the only nod to backward compatibility would
be 1gbit RJ-45 SFPs, which can get a little spendy in large numbers
(although so can DACs).

 As for distance, I admit I haven't encountered any DACs longer than 15
meters (~49 feet) -- not that I'm positive they don't exist.

     Jima