So what's the deal with 10Gbase-T

Andreas Echavez andreas at livejournalinc.com
Mon Oct 1 20:10:38 UTC 2012

Mostly backwards compatibility; simplicity. We're planning for some
super-high-density virtualization/storage projects mixed in with lower
bandwidth gear, and sticking to one type of cable for everything would be
convenient. I thought DAC had some distance limitations as well.

This is all speculation though, I don't have any personal experience with
the 10Gbase-T stuff either. I have no idea what to expect performance-wise.

-A