William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 22:02:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
> If they had a qualified technician,  they probably wouldn't be raiding
> a TOR exit node in the first place;   they would have investigated the
> matter  more thoroughly, and saved precious time.

And what if the TOR exit node was in the cloud? Are they going to
confiscate millions of servers just because a few of them were hosting
child pornography??

(I am a believer of Cloud Computing, and in fact earlier this month we
had a 10,000-node Grid Engine HPC cluster running in Amazon EC2:
http://blogs.scalablelogic.com/2012/11/running-10000-node-grid-engine-cluster.html
)

I believe most Cloud providers (Google, Amazon, IBM, etc) have some
sort of disclaimer clause... but then one can get a VPN account easily
too (there are many free ones as well)! So how could VPN, local coffee
shops, and cloud providers protect themselves from this kind of
non-sense??

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/