carping about CARP

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Fri Nov 30 16:48:48 UTC 2012

On Nov 30, 2012, at 5:08 AM, Henning Brauer <hb-nanog at bsws.de> wrote:
> and re IANA, they made it clear they would not give us a proto number

As they should have. IANA abides by the rules laid down for it by the IETF/IESG/IAB. The openbsd folks couldn't be bothered to even write up a draft and chose to squat on a protocol number.

> no matter what;

BS. If the openbsd folks followed the rules, they'd have gotten the number(s) they requested (assuming they were justified). There is no grand persecution here.  There is management of a limited resource.

> we didn't have a choice but to ignore that industry-money-driven committee.

Which 'industry-money-driven committee' would that be?

Regards,
-drc