[tor-relays] Bandwidth and server leads [was: Tor raid]

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 30 09:37:09 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> -----

From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:36:33 -0500
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Cc: elw at stderr.org
Subject: [tor-relays] Bandwidth and server leads [was: Tor raid]

> From: elijah wright <elw at stderr.org>
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:38:51 -0600
> Cc: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: William was raided for running a Tor exit node.

> We had a guy (aka potential customer) inquire the other day about hosting a
> Tor exit on our infrastructure the other day;  he disappeared fairly
> quickly when he figured out that we weren't just going to give him an
> endless supply of unmetered 10G bandwidth.  I was looking forward to
> billing him.  :-)

Contemporary mailing list lols aside, I believe you'll find that most
operators in this space are quite serious and professional.

If you're a potential friend of Tor, anonymity networks and the general
thought space around it... and your price [or that of someone you know,
nanog or otherwise, who might be such a friend] was highly competitive,
or even special... I'd be fairly confident that consultation with those on
this list would lead to a sale of said (or related) billable services.

Feel free to forward and/or put any interested parties in touch with this
list or torproject.org.

----- End forwarded message -----