OpenBGPd problems relating to misuse of RESERVED bits in BGP Attribute Flags field

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 29 19:33:38 UTC 2012

Jeff and NANOG:

We are currently dropping the bad attribute within our network (as293)
and are working with the customer to determine the origin of the
attribute (equipment, code rev, etc.).  The bad attribute should not be
leaking beyond our AS at all.  If you're filtering routes from AS68, you
should be able to resume accepting routes from that AS.

michael