"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Wed Nov 28 17:21:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Maybe so.  But do I _want_ do run that software?  No.
>
> Anyway, I am not sure which programs that would be.  The applications
> with open sockets on my laptop are currently:

I take it you're in the minority who don't play games, use mobile apps on
your phone, use a dvr.......

or any SaaS applications accessable via the web, or indeed visit websites
with shopping cart software, or CRM software, or blogs, or....

the large majority of software that interfaces to v4 networks does so
through libraries and frameworks that seperate that part of the
application stack from the part that the developer is building his code
in.   So really and truly most software is written by developers who can
barely plug and play their home networks, much less actually understand
what dhcp means.

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org       ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail