Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

david.binet at orange.com david.binet at orange.com
Wed Nov 28 13:33:50 UTC 2012

 Hi,

Mobile operators have some difficulties to get some IPv6 terminals.It is the reason why we have proposed an IETF draft to define some IPv6 profile for mobile terminals (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-binet-v6ops-cellular-host-requirements/)
IMHO it is strategic to get a document that specifies such profile. It is important that such draft becomes a WG document so all support for such draft on IETF v6ops ML is welcome.

Such document will not replace discussions we may have with vendors but it is for sure a useful contribution to our common objective.

> > Win phone 8 has a menu option for ipv6 but I don't think it
> works ....
>
> Yeah, it's like the Galaxy Nexus which has IPv4v6 in the menu
> but if you use it it asks for an IPv4 PDP context and when it
> gets it, it falls over and needs to be rebooted.
>
> > I have been v6-only on mobile for 2 years now, and I feel
> fine. I am
> > sending this email using a v6-only note2... dogfooding it. Yet, the
> > rotten apples spoil the bunch as the saying goes... and
> hence 464xlat.
>
> Any progress with this, to get this into mainline?
>
> Then again, I feel we'll have proper IPv4v6 PDP context
> before there is any worthwile 464XLAT deployment, but for the
> long tail I would like to have 464XLAT in all devices.
>
> --

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.