"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Nov 28 04:29:08 UTC 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> If the entire deployment path automatically requires 84 layers of NAT sludge, that's what gets tested, cause it "works" for "everybody".

Hence my questions regarding the actual momentum behind end-to-end native IPv6 deployment.  Inertia is generally only overcome when there's a clear positive economic benefit to doing so - 'savings', assuming there actually are any, are a) almost always exaggerated and b) generally not a powerful enough incentive to alter the status quo.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton