Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Alex dreamwaverfx at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 15:57:40 UTC 2012

You can look back on Nanog56 and watch Liviu's presentation regarding
implementation in the RCS-RDS network.

Why, you ask?
Because they/we can do it. IPv4 exhaustion is upon us. CGN will break
some of the fuctionality of current day networks or rather APPs running
on those networks.
Because you have unlimited IPs with increased security...
I could continue with the list of "why"s.

The only "why not" in this entire talk is due to vendors.
Core and distribution vendors have been supporting IPv6 for quite some
time now while ACCESS vendors are still lagging behind.
Most OS's(Windows,*nix,etc) run IPv6 this days and they have been for a
few years now.

PS: although this might sound silly here is a idea...have all the porn
sites switch to IPv6 and you'll see a 20-30 fold increase in IPv6
traffic :)).