Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Nov 27 05:07:48 UTC 2012

On Nov 27, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> The problem is that CGN and NAT444 works with todays devices, whereas IPv6 does not (thinking mobile devices and residential CPEs).

Yet everyone (except you) insist that it does work with everything, and that all this CGN and 444 stuff and 644 stuff isn't necessary, and that I'm a fool for doubting all these (to me) wildly overoptimistic assertions about the coming ubiquity of native IPv6, end-to-end, heh.

It sort of reminds me of how artificial intelligence has been only 10 years away for the last 60 years or so.

;>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton