Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Nov 27 00:53:55 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 04:38 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2012, at 7:35 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:
>
>> Not on the server side that I can see. It's a network problem first and foremost, and starts by having the excuse that they can't get v6 upstream from their ISP's.
> It's hugely problematic to accomplish internally, never mind for external connectivity.

But not because servers and client devices don't support it; they do.
Bag on where the problem actually is: the death spiral of network vendors,
ISP's and IT departments not wanting to commit and blaming each other.
I primarily fault ISP's because they are, you know, the backbone. If they
don't commit, the game of chicken continues.

Mike