Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Tue Nov 27 00:12:33 UTC 2012

On Nov 26, 2012, at 14:53, "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:

> It is significant because

Why*) do you believe it is important to waste everybody's time with these kinds of arguments?

We have seen your kind of thinking.  First, the Internet was never going to replace X.25/Frame Relay/leased lines and baling wire.
Then you didn't need a web presence.  Then it wasn't necessary to enable Web access out of the corporate networks.
Then it wasn't necessary to accommodate user-owned equipment in enterprise networks. And so on, and so on.

While these great arguments are going on in the board rooms, we are building out the technology.
So it's there when you finally decide to shut up and give us the money.

You are much better off using your energy to plan ahead for that and ease the transitions, instead of inventing scales of significance that somehow prove to yourself you can continue doing nothing.

Grüße, Carsten

*) Well, I think I can guess the answer, so this is mostly a rhetorical question.
The need for rationalizing one's own bad decisions is one of the most powerful ways to cloud critical thinking.