Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Nov 26 12:57:31 UTC 2012

On Nov 26, 2012, at 7:10 PM, Arturo Servin wrote:

> 	Users do not care and they will never have a "deliberate migration".

I understand this.  However, the way that IPv6 migration is discussed in most contexts seems to be predicated upon the notion that there is some industry imperative to light up network with IPv6.  My point is that there is not.

> IMHO if the user choose to change or not it is the least important, the real important fact is that IPv6 is taking up no matter if it is or not deliberate used by the users.

I disagree somewhat with this view.  The significant question is whether the users are actually accessing apps/services/content via IPv6, or if it's essentially white noise.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton