Adding GPS location to IPv6 header

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Nov 26 08:02:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 02:19:48PM -0800, John Adams wrote:
> Your proposal doesn't even give people a way to encrypt their location
> data;  By moving geodata to a portion of the protocol which is not covered

It's not possible to hide location. Anonymity and efficient transport
don't mix. This will become even more so at TBit/s transport rates.

That's no problem, as you can use e.g. mix networks to provide strong
anonymity for those who need at a higher layer.

The sooner everbody realizes this, the sooner we can move on.