Adding GPS location to IPv6 header

John Adams jna at retina.net
Sat Nov 24 21:18:08 UTC 2012

Don't conflate layer 5-7 needs with basic communication requirements. IP is
not the place for this sort of header.

This is not data that should be sent on every packet. It becomes redundant.
 Not to mention the serious privacy concerns such a header brings up in the
protocol. You barely address this in your RFC. You write it away with a
wishy-washy "Oh err um, users will have the option to turn it off". That's
worked so well for opt-out advertising -- I'm sure it will work here.

If there's a place where I can go and vote this down / debate it away, tell
me where that is.

-j