Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

CJ Aronson cja at daydream.com
Fri Nov 23 14:46:59 UTC 2012

Arturo is right.. Internet users could care less what protocol they
use just like most of us could care less if the road we drive to work
is asphalt, chip seal, or concrete.  We just want it to be smooth and
get us where we want to go at the speed we want to drive.  I can see
some things changing this, however, this sort of thing
http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/the-ipv6-addressable-light-bulb-goes-on-sale
could make consumers interested in asking for IPv6.  Mostly, however,
if we're really waiting for folks to ask for it we're going to have to
wait a very long time.

----Cathy