Recovering from spam resulting from compromised account

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 02:01:59 UTC 2012

So -

1. backscatterer and spamcannibal are obscure blocklists nobody ever uses.
Spamcannibal is actually quite reasonable about removals if you declare the
issue fixed

2. Gmail, comcast etc have their own blocklist removal procedures - based
on you contacting their postmaster teams.  postmaster.comcast.net, etc etc.

3. MXToolbox is merely a search engine for various publicly available
blocklists.  Gmail etc blocks wont show up there because those dont get
exposed outside the provider's servers .. if you get listed on gmail you
know because you see your mail bounced or bulk foldered.

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)