The Verge article about Verizon's Sandy Cleanup Efforts in Manhattan

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Nov 20 19:09:52 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Derek Ivey <derek at derekivey.com>
> wrote:
> > I saw this on Reddit and thought it was fascinating. I figured I'd
> > share it here too since no one else did.
> >
> > http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/17/3655442/restoring-verizon-service-manhattan-hurricane-sandy
>
> hey lookie! 'free upgrades'!

Not having yet read the piece, I assume the "upgrades" are the same thing
that you'd get if you tried, today, to warranty a 5 year old 250GB Seagate
HD: They'd send you a 750G or 1T, simply because they don't have anything
smaller in stock.  (If your system is embedded, and won't talk to larger
drives, their apologies. :-)

It's likely the same thing happens here: we don't have that older gear,
so you get the newer stuff with our compliments.

Cheers,
-- jra