Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

Blair Trosper blair.trosper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:24:41 UTC 2012

I've found myself becoming a snob about IPv6.  I almost look down on
IPv4-only networks in the same way that I won't go see a film that isn't
projected on DLP unless my arm is twisted.  I'm a convert, and I'm glad to
see the adoption rate edging up.

However, I still scratch my head on why most major US ISPs *have* robust
IPv6 peering and infrastructure and are ready to go, but they have not
turned it on for their fiber/cable/DSL customers for reasons that are not
clear to me.

I keep pestering my home ISP about turning it on (since their network is
now 100% DOCSIS 3), but they just seem to think I'm making up words.  One
can hope, though.

Blair