Google/Youtube problems

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Nov 19 15:33:40 UTC 2012

On (2012-11-19 06:30 -0800), Leo Bicknell wrote:

> Consider a different model.  Google checks out your gmail account, and
> discovers you really like Red Bull and from your YouTube profile knows
> you watch a lot of Ke$ha videos.  It also discovers there are a lot more

Sure. I have no doubt the main reasons to keep youtube are.

a) data mining
b) contingency

B) is essentially having the most popular platform, in case if video
platform becomes viable marketing platform on itself.

Data mining aspect might make it less dubious to sink network cost to
different BU than to the BU which actually uses the network, as that
network is also benefitting from the data.

--
  ++ytti