Google/Youtube problems

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Nov 19 13:59:22 UTC 2012

On (2012-11-19 08:27 -0500), Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> Second, I see no reason why that requires anything close - not even within a couple orders of magnitude - of 10% of the Internet's revenue to be profitable.  Why would you assume such a thing?

Agreed, 10% of Internet's revenue would be exaggeration.

What I'm trying to say, I can't see youtube generating anywhere nearly
enough revenue who shift 10% (or more) of Internet. And to explain this
conundrum to myself, I've speculated accounting magic (which I'd frown
upon) and leveraging market position to get free capacity (which is ok, I'd
do the same, had I the leverage)

--
  ++ytti