MPLS acceptable latency?

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:50:17 UTC 2012

Your provider is likely backhauling the circuits opposite directions to PE
routers in a different geographic local than the sites.  It's time to have
a discussion with your sales engineer about the physical pathing of your
circuits and PE router locations.

When I know I have latency critical circuits, I always insist on backhaul
to the same geographic region and/or Pe.

It's unlikely the MPLS or circuits themselves have anything to do with the
latency, assuming this is T1, Ethernet, or similar.

It's possible it could be a routing issue SP side, but is not as likely as
a general pathing issue.