Eaton 9130 UPS feedback

Tom Morris blueneon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:42:45 UTC 2012

Sorry to say, I've used them and had them eat themselves. They just
die mysteriously and let out lots of smoke when they do. When they do,
however, they leave behind a perfectly good set of batteries. I'd
recommend looking elsewhere... Does Eaton/PowerWare still make the
FerrUPS series? Those were *solid*.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2012 12:59, Seth Mattinen wrote:
>> Does anyone use Eaton 9130 series UPS for anything? I'm curious how
>> they've worked out for you.
>>
>> I bought a 700VA model to give it a whirl versus the traditional APC
>> since the Eaton is an online type with static bypass and also does some
>> high efficiency thing where it normally stays on bypass, but the first
>> thing it did on the bench was have the inverter/rectifier or bypass
>> section catch on fire and destroy itself.
>>
>> ~Seth
>

> We have several 5130 and 9125 models (2kVA rackmount), never given us a
> problem in years of service... Well, one network management card that lost
> its mind, reset the configuration and went on with life, but the UPS just
> chugged along. Biggest plus has been that they don't cook their batteries
> like APCs do.
>

> Adrian

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist For Hire
Chairman, South Florida Tropical Hamboree / Miami Hamfest
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles