dhcpy6d - a MAC address aware DHCPv6 server

Henri Wahl h.wahl at ifw-dresden.de
Tue Nov 13 11:28:53 UTC 2012

Hi Owen,
> |ioctl(sock, SIOCGIFADDR, &ifr)|
>
> Shouldn't that do the trick? I don't know if Python can do that or not, but if it can't, that's pretty weak.

As far as I was able to find out this only gives back the local MAC
address which is of no use here.

To be independent of external call I at least for Linux managed to
access neighbor cache via netlink socket as the "ip" command itself
does. Thus no external call is necessary anymore.

Regards
Henri

--
Henri Wahl

IT Department
Leibniz-Institut für Festkörper- u.
Werkstoffforschung Dresden

tel. (03 51) 46 59 - 797
email: h.wahl at ifw-dresden.de
http://www.ifw-dresden.de

http://nagstamon.ifw-dresden.de
http://dhcpy6d.ifw-dresden.de

IFW Dresden e.V., Helmholtzstraße 20, D-01069 Dresden
VR Dresden Nr. 1369
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Ludwig Schultz, Dr. h.c. Dipl.-Finw. Rolf Pfrengle