"authority" to route?

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Nov 12 19:43:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

Is there a common practice of providers to vet / validate requests to advertise
blocks?

Who is the "authority" when it comes to determining if a request for routing
is valid?

Is it the WHOIS data maintained by the various RIR?

It seems I'm playing whack-a-mole to get some routes shut down for some
blocks I've taken over admin for.

If I email the contacts for the AS in WHOIS, and get no response, or a
negative response, should I start going to their peers?

Some practical advice would be appreciated.

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633
"He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead"