Whats so difficult about ISSU

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Nov 12 06:40:12 UTC 2012

On 11/12/12 1:21 AM, Kasper Adel wrote:
> Is it because C5 softswitches have expensive hardware, advanced software
> and dual asics? I would have never imagined that any vendor is capable of
> upgrading fpd's/ASICs ucode without a hit unless there are multiple chips
> continuously syncing with each other.

And they only have to process maybe 2mbit/s of control traffic during busy
hour.  The rest is handled by dedicated hardware/ASIC's.  Each one has a fully
redundant hardware circuit pack and a bunch of monitoring to switch over in
case one fails.

Even then, it's fun when some one screws up and reboots it :)
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax